The presence of TCD in Oregon is confirmed.
No quarantine has yet been enacted in Oregon. Be sure to check out the additional resources section to see how you can help limit the spread of TCD.
See information listed under additional resources.
- Oregon State University Extension TCD article
- Oregon State University Extension Online Guide to TCD
- Learn about the risks of transporting firewood and help prevent the spread of invasive pests and diseases.
- Resources to identify black walnut and thousand cankers disease can be found in our section for general information about TCD
- Brief answers to many common questions about the symptoms, diagnostics, management, and prevention of the thousand cankers disease complex may be found in our frequently asked questions section
We suggest you first try reporting TCD using the contacts listed under "Report TCD" above as these contacts are likely directly involved with monitoring TCD in your state.
If no contacts are listed you may also try reporting any suspected finds of TCD in your state to your state member of the National Plant Board, your State Department of Agriculture, State Forester, or Cooperative Extension Office.