The presence of TCD in Maryland was confirmed on October 6, 2014.
A quarantine order was issued for a limited area of Cecil County on January 12, 2015.
- Thousand Canker Disease Quarantine Order (PDF)
Source: Maryland Department of Agriculture
If you suspect having observed TCD in Maryland, contact your local county extension office or call 410-841-587.
- Maryland Department of Agriculture TCD website
- Learn about the risks of transporting firewood and help prevent the spread of invasive pests and diseases.
- Resources to identify black walnut and thousand cankers disease can be found in our section for general information about TCD
- Brief answers to many common questions about the symptoms, diagnostics, management, and prevention of the thousand cankers disease complex may be found in our frequently asked questions section
We suggest you first try reporting TCD using the contacts listed under "Report TCD" above as these contacts are likely directly involved with monitoring TCD in your state.
If no contacts are listed you may also try reporting any suspected finds of TCD in your state to your state member of the National Plant Board, your State Department of Agriculture, State Forester, or Cooperative Extension Office.